From about 9:00 AM until just before Noon, here’s what happened in my office:
- Buyer called in—found a place and made an accepted offer! Today might be a very good day, I thought.
- Seller called in to report that though he thought his house was sold last week, the agent reported that after five days of calling them, the buyers sent an e-mail saying “Sorry. No longer interested”.
- I got an e-mail from a Seller saying that on Sunday night she accepted an offer for her home, only to get a call on Monday that the same Buyer now wanted to offer $12,000 less than on Sunday. “I said NO!”, she wrote. “What do you think?”
- First Buyer let me know the Seller--a mortgage company that foreclosed--took a better offer even though she thought her offer was accepted.
- An agent I know called and asked me how I was doing. When I asked her the same, she said, “If my kids didn’t call, my office phone would never ring.”